One of my most popular posts ever is a gift guide from a few years ago, Little Luxuries Under $100, so I thought I'd provide an updated version for 2014! Whether she's flying on a G6 or drinking champagne on a beer budget (like me) every woman appreciates being pampered from time to time. But just because she's being spoiled doesn't mean you have to break the bank. There are plenty of little luxuries under $100 for the holidays!
1. Viktor & Rolf FlowerBomb Purse Spray
2. Knit Cami with Embroidery Lace Bottom by Subtle Luxury
3. Sparkle & Pop Arietta Bangle Set in Black
4. Deborah Lippman "I've Got To Be Me" 15th Anniversary Polish Set
5. Pinrose San Francisco in Sugar Bandit (Take their unique quiz while you're there to find your perfect scent!)
6. SkinOwl Eye+
7. Keds x Kate Spade New York Champion Glitter Sneakers
8. Chanel Rouge Allure Gloss (I'm partial to Supreme and Distinction but there are ten shades to choose from!)
9. Sarsone Bow Detail Moccasin Slippers by Ted Baker London
10. GIGI New York Gold Wash Embossed Python Hard Shell iPhone Case
11. Rose Gold Bar Stud Earrings by Kristen Elspeth
On another note, have you guys heard about the boohoo's Bad Elf? He's stealing presents from bloggers to ruin the holidays! Tweet him (and his adorable Yorkie sidekick) to stop him from stealing Christmas!
Tuesday, December 16, 2014
Wednesday, December 10, 2014
Yes, I love a casual party outfit. My friend Holly's birthday/tree trimming party the other night seemed like the perfect time to rock my new Milly Silk top with a little bit of leather. Red is always the ultimate color for the holiday season and this halter style blouse made it easy to add a pop of color to my usual black ensembles.
Milly Pleated Tank c/o Piperlime// Spanx Faux Leather Leggings c/o Spanx// Terrace Statement Necklace c/o Francesca's Chestnut Hill Square// Splendid Rodeo Boots c/o Bloomingdales Outlet & Wrentham Village Premium Outlets// Embossed Leather Moto Jacket c/o 424 Fifth//
Tuesday, December 2, 2014
Oh those last minute Holiday invites and promising to "pop in" to an unexpected event can be so sartorially frustrating! What on earth do you wear? In partnership with Zappos, I styled my new Paige jeans and Freebird boots to go from an afternoon at work to a holiday event in the evening.
With Zappos fast, free shipping, you can get a pair of celebrity favorite Paige's morning to moonlight denim in time for Christmas parties! I styled my Jimmy Jimmy Boyfriend jeans with a rich burgundy sweater, deep berry lips and an emerald statement necklace. Freebird's handcrafted ruggedness adds just a bit of edge to the sophisticated jewel tones of the season. The Jumpn Boots in particular can be dressed up or down because of it's platform and stacked heel style. Put it all together and you're good to go- just leave enough time for a late afternoon blowout!
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.
Sunday, November 30, 2014
I’m a hard girl to buy a fragrance for; I like what I like but I can’t always describe the perfect “Kara” scent. I believe that a woman should have a signature scent but also that it should naturally change with your mood so I love testing out the latest products in my search!
My newest discovery is Viva La Juicy Gold Couture (available at Ulta), a ravishing blend of melted caramel, vanilla, honeysuckle, wild berries and golden amber. It’s warm and delicious (perfect for cold winter nights) but light enough to wear during the day without overwhelming your cubicle neighbor! Plus, the gold tinted bottle looks so lovely with its black polka-dot bow that it’s already earned a prominent spot on my vanity.
I love wearing it on my pulse points and neck under a large turtleneck. It gives me such a wonderful boost of energy in the afternoon when I happen to catch a hint of the fragrance. Simply perfect!
This post was sponsored by Juicy Couture through their partnership with POPSUGAR. While I was compensated by POPSUGAR to write a post about Juicy Couture, all opinions are my own.
Wednesday, November 26, 2014
I've already shared what to give the beauty addict in your life and now it's time for a guide for the guys! I might be single but there are still plenty of guys in my life who deserve a present or two! I think any man would be blown away by Garmin's futuristic GPS projector or the delicious surprise of Craft Coffee's monthly subscription. With everything under $150 you'll be able to impress your man without breaking the bank!
1. Field Chronograph by Orvis, $149
2. Cherry Leather Cigar Holder, $93
3. Garmin Head Up Display GPS Projector, $149.99
4. Skull Eyeglass Holder, $13.50
5. Woven Flat Cap by Ted Baker London, $65
6. Smartphone Projector, $28
7. Prospector Co. Tester Shaving Kit at J.Crew, $16
8. Scotch & Soda Leather "Air" Laptop Case, $74 (Was $105!)
9. Craft Coffee Monthly Gift Subscription, $29.99 (Use Code q9d-4rw For 15% Off!)