C'mon, Muffy, dah-ling, break out your seersucker and head to the W Boston for a very preppy, shopping event with Boldfacers!
Tuesday, July 20, 2010
Saturday, July 17, 2010
I've been wanting to feel more connected to the fashion blogging community because I do find a lot of inspiration in what my peers are doing and want to become better friends with them!
I joined the Independent Fashion Bloggers Network when I started blogging and while I read their advice articles fairly regularly I've never really participated in the community.
I'm trying to change that and one way I can think of is participating in IFB's weekly Links A La Mode round up.
Couture Today: An Exploration
Edited by: Ann Colville Somma of Holier than Now
Couture: clothes painstakingly custom-made from the finest materials; alternatively, something Juicy - or even Filthy. It's hard not to chafe at the degradation of the term, which is technically reserved for members of the Chambre Syndicale de la Haute Couture (houses that create made-to-order pieces for private clients, amongst other criteria). Looking at creations recently sent down the runways, it's sad to think artisanal techniques like hand beading may not survive in a world of rhinestoned terry sweatsuits.
But in fact, the handmade movement is ever gaining steam with the support of many bloggers. "Couture" may be associated with impossibly high prices, but in your own hands it's an affordable way to obtain one-of-a-kind style. This week, review Couture Week round ups from The Well-Appointed Catwalk, La Chanelfile and more - then become your own private client, with tips from Fashion Butter, The Fashion Planner, and Twitch Vintage.
Links à la Mode: July 15th
- Blackdog Finds: A complete thrifted outfit for under $10
- Consumerism Killed My Soul: Color (and lack thereof) on the Valentino runway
- Dedicated Follower of Fashion: The future of fashion is here
- Dramatis Personae: TsuruBride's amazing handmade animal clutches
- Eco-Fashionista: Re-fabbing a vintage Mugler find
- Fashion Butter: The cheater's way to sew a new dress
- grechen blogs: fashion blogger bashing is everyone's favorite sport lately...why do fashion bloggers make such easy targets?
- Handmade and Fabulous: A handmade label's take on summer trends
- Holier than Now: Fans of Couture Week (wink)
- Independent Fashion Bloggers: Why Fashion Bloggers Should Invest in Problogger
- La Chanelfile: Astrology and Haute Couture
- MoMo Mod: Modest Beauty: Meet Miriam
- Stylish Distractions: 6 great reads for aspiring fashionistas
- Stylish Thought: Great tips for channeling your masculine side
- Sugar and Spice: Building a capsule wardrobe
- Sweet Fancy Treat: Wardrobe inspiration from Florence + The Machine
- The Fashion Planner: Rhinestone bracelet D.I.Y.
- The Very Subjective: The Couture Thing: fashion critics vs. couture
- The Well-Appointed Catwalk: Highlights from Couture Week
- Twitch Vintage: Can you turn a bridesmaid dress into something chic?
Friday, July 16, 2010
For a while it seemed as though Cintia Dicker's modeling career was over but over the past year I've seen the freckled redhead from Brazil popping up in unexpected places.
And now Cintia's comeback has been cemented by her gorgeous, editorial in the new French Marie Claire.
(click the thumbnails for a larger view)
(thanks to oh no they didnt for the photos!)
More inspiration featuring some surprising people!
Some celebrity style looks that I plan on stealing...er...I mean...recreating!
Sarah Jessica Parker
Becki Newton & her boyfriend
Wednesday, July 14, 2010
Wednesday, July 7, 2010
If you were a glamorous IT girl in 1920s Paris JPG's fall/winter 2010 haute couture collection would be your ultimate dream wardrobe. It was certainly Dita Von Teese's idea of heaven- she even graced the runway twice! I'm sure that Lady Gaga has already placed an order for all of that insane head wear!
For me this collection was just IT for haute couture this season. Yes, it has a lot of black but it was also exquisite, classic, Parisian, chic, sexy and perfect.
I have nothing bad to say...I'm too busy drooling!
Thanks to Now Fashion for the pictures!
Click the thumbnails for a better look!
FYI: I had written a really amazing review for this collection. I saved multiple drafts as I was writing. Unfortunately, I saved them to blogger and when I went to "publish" I got an "error" message. This is probably only the second time this has happened in the three years I've been using it but I'm still pissed off.