Monday, August 30, 2010
Monday, August 23, 2010
Saturday, August 21, 2010
Thursday, August 19, 2010
Edited by: Marie Denee of "The Curvy Fashionista by Marie Denee" The Curvy Fashionista.
Last week, Links à la Mode fashioned a roundup of the latest fashion perspectives and trends for the anticipation of another highly anticipated Fall. With the "September" editions landing on our doorsteps and Mercedes Benz Fashion Week right around the corner, we brace our pocketbooks for the damage it is about to endure. Whether the latest developments in plus size fashion, a Brazilian blowout, or style inspirations, this week's links act as a guide of both inspiration and aspirations to Fall fashion. Before we delve into snatching up the latest "it" items from our secret wish (lust) list, below are a few must reads from the intuitive fashion bloggers who share their insights of what to expect from fashion, head to toe.
Links à la Mode: August 19th
- All Tumble Down- Focusing on style "best practices"; what we do well instead of what we don't
- Amanda Lee- 6 Great Ways to Repurpose Your Clothing
- Beyond Fabric- Tips on size and fit for menswear
- Chic Steals- Street Style the New Determinate of Cool? The Evolution of the Girl Next Door as Style Icon
- Dramatis Personae- Style on the Run Guest Post: Fall Lust List
- Fashion Cents- wants to make sure you don't break any vows. Get 3 tips on what to wear to a wedding this season
- Fashion Pulse Daily- Dana Lorenz, designer of Fenton Fallon Jewelry, oversees a blogger DIY jewelry session in her Lower East Side Boutique
- Fete a Fete- Review of Givenchy's new Blooming Fall 2010 makeup collection
- Independent Fashion Bloggers: How Does the Coach Poppy Project Benefit Bloggers?
- Just B- B Deceived: Handbags in disguise
- Lovely and Lavish- Fall 2010 RTW: the Worst Accessories!
- Manda Bear- Sally Hansen Limited Edition Xtreme Wear Nail Polishes - Reviews, Swatches and a Giveaway
- Mrs. Bossa Does the Do- Autumn's a-comin', and brings with it our perennial love of heritage chic - dig out your sequins and tweed, ladies...
- RetroChick- 5 ways to update your wardrobe for next to nothing
- Return to Sender- A fabulous interview with fat acceptance advocate, and author of FAT!So?, Marilyn Wann and her view on "fashion."
- Shoe Day Dreams- Skin Secrets - maintenance is key over the long-haul.
- Style Eyes Fashion- Fashion bloggers and consumerism - how fashion bloggers are discouraging consumerism and encouraging sustainable style
- Style Wax Poetic- 10 to die for shoes All Under $100.
- The Curvy Fashionista- Plus size indie label, Jibri gives the Curvy.Confident.Chic Fashionistas a tease with her Fall 2010 collection
- The Coveted- Blown away by the Brazilian Blowout
- Watch this Place- Dark, but don't let it be dreary... how to wear Autumn's dark colors without looking drab.